Friday, October 26, 2007

Trend: Belts

I am personally a huge fan of this particular trend, the belt over the dress. Maybe I'm biased because some of those flowy dresses that have been in style recently tend to make me look like I'm pregnant. In any case, this look has been spotted on the likes of Diane Kruger, Kate Bosworth, and Carmen Electra.

































And for my take on the look, from some great online stores:

From Urban Outfitters:
I like the idea of combining these two pieces because their textures are so different.












From fredflare.com:
I like that you can get a more eclectic or funky look from this site while still playing into the trend.












From Target:
In this case, the belt is part of the design of the dress, but I still really like the ultimate shape and look.

No comments: